Tuesday, February 24, 2015

The Slipper

"I was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease three years ago and I suspect it has its roots deep in the past (...) What used to be just an annoyance, one day evolved steadily into a weird relationship of my body with the rest of the physical world. And one of the things that puzzles me, in my new situation, is that I have trouble kicking off my left slipper. Just the left one. I can't find any logic in it. It is not like having difficulties tying a shoelace, something that requires a certain manual dexterity, it is just kicking off a slipper, easier done than said. This is why I think that understanding what makes it so attached to my foot will take me closer to the root of the problem, but for the moment I am so ignorant of the primary causes of my troubles as you, the scientific community or my right slipper."

THE TRUE STORY OF MY REBEL LEFT SLIPPER is my next story and it is mostly autobiographical. Here are the first two pages.



No comments: